If you have even a passing interest in tanning, you’ll have encountered tingle tanning lotion but what is it, exactly?
What Is Tingle Tanning Lotion?
The most intense tanning lotion you can find, when you apply tingle your blood circulation is boosted. This influences oxygen levels and also the rate at which your body produces melanin.
As the effects of the sun’s UV rays are increased, so your skin will go rapidly and noticeably darker.
Tingle contains 2 core ingredients:
- Methyl nicotinate: This helps to boost microcirculation in the skin
- Benzyl nicotinate: This serves to open your capillaries so your tan will become deeper and stronger
3 Ways To Choose The Best Tingle Tanning Lotion
- Type of Tingle Lotion: Tingle lotions are classified as either maximizers or accelerators. Accelerators work best for beginners and come with inbuilt moisturizers, perfect for hydrating your skin and prepping it for a tan. With a base tan in place, use a maximizer to get the most mileage from it
- Tingle Strength: Some of these lotions provoke just a slight tingling sensation while other can be remarkably intense, painful if you’re not prepared for the onslaught of heat. When you’re starting out, choose a weaker tingle lotion so you can ease in
- Bronzing Agents: Some tingle lotions come with bronzers baked in. These deliver a golden hue on top of your base tin making your skin appear like you just stepped off the beach
Note: You should never use tingle tanning lotion on your face. You should also refrain from showering with cool or lukewarm water. This will prevent your lotion from reactivating.
With that quick overview of tingle tanning lotions in place, we’ll highlight the very best products on the market so you can see what’s up for grabs.
After that, we’ll round out with some more handy guidance on tingle tanning solutions.
8 Best Tingle Tanning Lotions 2019
1. Ed Hardy Obnoxious Extreme Bronzer Tingle Lotion
This tingle lotion is likely a touch hot for complete beginners. Proceed with extreme caution if you’ve never used tingle tanning lotion before.
Beyond the tingle, this lotion comes with highly effective dark bronzers, both natural and cosmetic. This allows your tan to continue darkening for hours and it won’t wash off in the shower.
Laden with vitamins A and E along with natural moisturizers from the hemp seed oil, this lotion packs a number of benefits to stop your skin from aging.If you’re impatient for an immediate dark tan, Ed Hardy delivers fully with Obnoxious.The only proviso to bear in mind is that the extremity of the tingle means you’re better off giving this lotion a swerve if you have particularly sensitive skin.
- Natural hemp seed oil to hydrate your skin fully
- Tingle formula immediately reddens and warms the skin
- Antioxidant-rich and packed with vitamins A and E to help repair damaged skin
- Can cause a reaction in those with allergies or sensitivities so consider a patch test
2. Tanovations Ed Hardy Body Shots Extreme Hot Tingle
Flagged as extreme tingle, Body Shots is not for the faint-hearted.
One of the leading benefits of the broad Ed Hardy tanning range is the way the products protect your skin. From combating aging to safeguarding your skin and tattoos from fading in the sun, you can buy knowing the company has your welfare in mind as well as delivering the tan of your dreams.
The Quad Tyrosine blend and MelanoBronze come together to boost the production of melanin in your body which leads to a deeper, darker tan.As you apply this lotion, you’ll be tricked by the citrus aroma into thinking it’s soothing and cooling when you’ll be assailed by an aggressive tingle that’s absolutely not for everyone.With DHA bronzer, tan enhancer and tingle, this is the complete package for tanning pros looking to go harder and deeper down the tingle route.
- Extreme tingle for anyone looking to push their limits
- Inbuilt fade protector ideal if you’ve got tattoos
- Citrus scent smells wonderful and helps accelerate melanin production
- A few complaints about a less than natural orange hue
3. Jwoww Mad Hot Tingle Bronzer
Jwowwis another maximum strength tingle lotion delivering a great deal of burning and redness off the bat. Tyrosine helps to stimulate melanin production while natural bronzers ensure you’ll get a deep and rich tan that comes on immediately.
Blackcurrant oil, shea butter and vitamin E all come together wonderfully to ensure your skin stays silky smooth as it tans.The scent is cinnamon candy so give this lotion a swerve if you don’t fancy a burst of sweet smell from your tanning lotion.For an intense tingle tanner that packs a serious punch, Jwoww flies off the shelves with just cause.
- Extreme tingle with burning and redness
- Shea butter and vitamin E to give your skin a burst of nourishment
- Vigorous tan accelerator for results in double-quick time
- A few disgruntled customers complain about a less than vigorous tingle
4. Hempz Hydro Hot Triple Heated Tanning Lotion and Bronzer
Hempz Hydro is a THC-free hemp seed oil formulation that prepares your skin perfectly for tanning…With a patented Triple Moisture Complex, you can keep your skin soft, supple and plumped up to receive the ideal tan.
That groundwork in place, intense bronzers ensure you’ll see striking results in next to no time. The tan comes on dark and fast without leaving your skin looking parched.If you’re concerned about products containing hemp derivatives, this formulation is 100% THC-free. It’s also vegan-friendly and contains no parabens either. If you’re looking for a tingle tanning lotion that’s as natural as possible, it’s got to be Hempz.
- All-natural hemp seed oil gives your skin an incredible burst of moisture
- Triple-heated DHA bronzer for immediate, dramatic results
- Free of gluten, parabens and THC
- Reasonably expensive
5. Devoted Creations White2Black
If you’re looking to transform the way you look this winter and you’re tired of remaining pale for months, White2Black can help you achieve a sun-kissed glow year-round with far less effort than you might imagine.As with any decent tingle tanning lotions, you’ll get a nutrient-rich formula packed with hydrating ingredients like black tea extract that prepares your skin for tanning through comprehensive moisturizing.
Bronzer-free, you’ll get a much more natural look without needing to impatiently wait for results to kick in.The scent of wet leaves is much more alluring than it sounds. You’ll get a sharp yet subtle burst.Body heat tinglers and color boosters come together to render your skin up to 3 shades darker so what are you waiting for?
- Cranberry and black tea extract for maximum moisturizing
- Multiple accelerators come together to deliver extreme results double-quick
- Delicate fragrance of rain-kissed leaves makes a statement without overpowering
- Some complaints about consistency of lotion
6. Designer Skin BombShell 100x Bronzer
The eye-catching package of Skin BombShell draws you in but does this tingle lotion follow through on its promises?First thing’s first, give this lotion a swerve if you’ve never used tingle lotion before. The intensity is such it could prove overwhelming.
You can fully expect extreme redness and a burning sensation so be well aware what you’re signing up for. If you’re happy with this, you’ll be rewarded by an intense and speedy tan that will be darkened considerably thanks to the bronzer onboard.White tea extract and soy help to keep your skin nourishes and ready for action. Do not under any circumstances use this lotion on your face or any other sensitive areas.
- Extreme tingle ideal for experienced tanners
- Kiwi watermelon fragrance is the antithesis of artificial chemical smell
- 100x bronzer to guarantee stunning results
- Not suitable for beginners
7. Tingle Lovers Tanning Lotion (10 Sample Packets)
Maybe you’ve been tempted by some of the tingle lotions we’ve outlined but you’re still not at all sure which would make the best fit with you. We get that. What can you do about it, though?Well, invest in this bundle of 10 sample packs and you’ll be able to try before you buy.
If you’re already a tingle veteran, this is not the best option for you. You’d likely be unimpressed by some of the less intense lotions. If you’re a beginner, though, the ability to slowly accustom yourself to tingle lotion by working your way slowly up is a blessing.All lotions are from major brands so you don’t need to worry about quality control here.With the option of bronzers, intensifiers and maximizers, you’ve got all you need to make sure your skin is glowing the way you want it this winter. Priced at a little over a buck a pop, you really can’t ask for much more.
- Great way to experiment until you find the tingle tanning lotion that works best
- Experience the whole range of tingle sensations and slowly build up if you’re a beginner
- Choose between bronzers, intensifiers and maximizers so you’ve got all bases covered
- Many of these lotions don’t impart too much by the way of tingle
8. Tanovations COMING IN HOT Black Bronzer
We’ll round out with another extreme tingle tanning lotion best reserved for more experienced tanners.The quick-release bronzer comes with extreme tingle additives laced into it. The result is a rapid onset of tanning which is deepened considerably thanks to these powerful agents.
Black charcoal and black tea extract gives your skin a thorough detox. You can expect the impurities to be pulled out giving you a superior canvas for a smooth, deep and dark tan.Superfruits means this lotion smells good enough to eat. For quickfire results and an invigorating, intense tingle, Tanovations delivers yet again.
- DHA bronzer is packed with thermal tingle additives
- Delicately fragranced with a burst of superfruits
- Antioxidant-rich formula that also absorbs oil wonderfully
- Some unsuspecting beginners complained about the raw burning sensation so buyer, beware
So…With that snapshot of the best tingle tanning lotions on the market, how do these innovative lotions actually work?
How Do Tingle Tanning Lotions Work?
This type of lotion speeds up blood flow to your skin’s surface. This is why you redden when you first apply tingle.
The main ingredients are methyl nicotinate, benzyl nicotinate and hexyl nicotinate.
As more blood makes its way to the surface, more oxygen is present and this encourages the production of more melanin. This occurs when more oxygen interacts with the melanin in your body. This is your body’s natural pigment. As more melanin is produced and interacts with the sun’s UV rays, your tan will intensify.
What Does Tingle Tanning Lotion Feel Like?
When you apply this tanning lotion, your skin will go red and blotchy as it reacts. These blotches will fade over the following few hours.
The sensation is similar to that you’ll get from a muscle rub product or the after-sting of a slap. As the intensity of the lotion increases, so does the heat factor.
Starting slowly is the key with tingle tanning lotions so take it easy and you’ll soon get the tan of your dreams.
We hope you’ve decided which of these tingle lotions makes the best fit for you.
Just remember to ease in gently if you’ve never used this type of lotion before and to start with a less intense lotion.
For advanced tanners, we’ve thrown in some more extreme tingles so there should be something for everyone.
Bookmark our site as your go-to resource for all things tanning and we look forward to seeing you again soon!