As one of Australia’s biggest sunscreen brands, Banana Boat enjoys global recognition. So we might as well cover on Banana Boat Review in this article.
Banana Boat produces a range of creams and lotions for active families looking for dependable UV protection on a budget.
Today, we’ve broken down the very best of Banana Boat across the following categories:
- Banana Boat Sunscreen
- Banana Boat: Sports Sunscreen
- Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen
- Banana Boat Tanning Oil Spray
- Banana Boat Self-Tanning Lotion
We’ll dive right in so you can see which of this broad and deep range makes best sense for you…
9 Best Banana Boat Sunscreens and Tanning Lotions (Banana Boat Review)
Banana Boat Sunscreen
1. Banana Boat Simply Protect for Sensitive Skin (SPF 50+)
If your skin is prone to breakouts and sensitivities, this mineral-rich and hypoallergenic formula is tailor-made.
Banana Boat have dialed back the ingredients from the regular sunscreen by a quarter so you’ll get a lean but highly effective lotion. This sunscreen is designed to remain in place in 7 conditions (sun, ocean water, pool water, wind, sand, sweat and heat to 100 degrees).
The broad spectrum protection ensures your skin is safeguarded against both UVA and UVB rays and Simply Protect is rated at SPF 50. There’s no need to risk your skin or your overall health in pursuit of a tan with Banana Boat.
- Broad spectrum sun protection giving you complete confidence
- Designed to stay on in extreme heat and water
- Uses few ingredients and no parabens or added fragrances
- Contains beeswax and honey so make sure you are not allergic to these
2. Banana Boat Sun Comfort Lotion (SPF 50)
Sometimes you just want a regular and nicely protective sunscreen and Sun Comfort lotion from Banana Boat delivers.
This lotion is another broad-spectrum defense against both UVA and UVB rays. For everyday use with a focus on spending time at the beach, this is not a sports sunscreen but it performs many of the same roles. You’ll be able to get wet without being forced into immediately reapplying.
Sun Comfort is rated at SPF 50+ and comes recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation for daily use as an outdoor sunscreen.This sunscreen is a modern classic and your only problem will be laying your hands on a bottle.
- Keeps your skin wonderfully hydrated so perfectly prepared for tanning
- Broad spectrum protection rated at SPF 50+
- Water-resistant for up to 80 minutes so take a dip without needing to constantly reapply
- Tends to sell out quickly and can be awkward to find
Banana Boat: Sports Sunscreen
3. Banana Boat Ultra Sport (SPF 50+)
This lightweight and breathable sports formula from Banana Boat allows you to keep your skin safe from sun damage even if you’re highly active outdoors. The breathable and silky lightweight formula won’t run into your eyes and should massage into your skin as long as you work it in properly.
Whether you’re spending a whole day at the beach or you’re playing sports in the sun, Banana Boat Ultra Sport is rated SPF 50+ to keep you protected.
- Stays on in 7 conditions from wind and water to sweat and extreme heat
- Formula is not at all greasy so you won’t feel sticky when you’re on the go
- Full protection from sun damage in a formula that will stay in place even under challenging conditions
- Could use improvement with the way the lotion absorbs into the skin
4. Banana Boat Sport Performance Broad Spectrum Sunscreen (SPF 50)
If you play competitive sports or you simply spend a lot of time moving around outdoors, this pump dispenser 1-gallon bottle from Banana Boat is packed with Sport Performance sunscreen. With no octinoxate or oxybenzone, this reef-friendly formula is designed to be non-greasy and non-oily. Slather some of this SPF 50 rated lotion on and you’ll be protected against UVA and UVB rays for hours without needing to constantly reapply.
Sport Performance comes backed by the Skin Cancer Foundation for your peace of mind.
- Oversized 1-gallon pump bottle gives you enough sunscreen for the whole family
- Broad-spectrum protection against all types of UV rays
- Reef-friendly so you can buy with a clear conscience
- Pump can be troublesome meaning you need to thump the bottle to get more lotion out
5. Banana Boat Sport Performance (SPF 100)
Another solid sports sunscreen from Banana Boat, Sport Performance is rated at SPF 100 but what makes it so good? That class-leading SPF-rating gives you the confidence you need even if you’re undertaking extreme sports or lengthy events like Ironman or marathons. You’ll be able to slap on a layer of Sport Performance and it will stay on your skin rather than washing down into your eyes.
Roll with the 2-pack for greater value. Even though a little goes a long way, these 4oz bottles don’t last long.
- Sweat and water-resistant so perfect for competitive swimmers
- SPF 100 offers you close to total protection under even the fiercest sun
- Recommended as an active sunscreen by the Skin Cancer Foundation
- Relatively expensive when you buy in these smaller bottles so we’d recommend the pack of 2
Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen
6. Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen (SPF 50+)
Keeping your kids safe when they’re out under the beating sun all day can be tough but Banana Boat’s Kids range is designed with active children firmly in mind. The mineral-based protection gives your bundle of joy SPF 50+ confidence whether you’re at the beach, the pool or out in the yard.
The 3-pack is a great way to enhance value further and you’ll be able to slather your kids all over without worrying about empty bottle syndrome.
- 3-packs available for great value if you’ve got a larger family
- Fragrance-free formula perfect for young skin
- Stays on without running down the body even if your children are in and out of the water
- You’ll need to rub the cream in vigorously so the whiteness goes away
7. Banana Boat Simply Protect Kids (SPF 50+)
Have any of your children got sensitive skin? If so, Banana Boat’s Simply Protect Kids line is a wonderful way to serve up factor 50+ protection without any risk of irritating that pale young skin. Your kids will benefit from a highly effective mineral-based sunscreen without any oils or parabens to agitate things. There’s no fragrance either so you won’t have your boys moaning at you about the smell.
Built to remain in place even if your kids are swimming or running around playing football in the sun, you can make sure they stay safe from harm and you won’t need to spend a fortune either.
- Tear-free formula so you won’t need to stint on protection
- Broad-spectrum sun protection without a roster of questionable chemicals
- No parabens, fragrances or oils
- A few complaints about solution leaving stains on pale clothing
Banana Boat Tanning Oil Spray
8. Banana Boat Deep Tanning Oil Spray
Are you looking to get a deeper and darker tan without needing to spend all day on the beach or the sunbed? If so, Banana Boat’s Deep Tanning Oil comes in a nifty spray to help you achieve that goal. Packed with hydrating ingredients, you’ll give your skin a great foundation to accept a tan. The oil-based formulation is designed for use outdoors and you’ll get a tan to last the distance without damaging your skin or spending too much time sunbathing.
Note: This oil comes with no SPF so you should strongly consider using a sunscreen underneath to keep your skin safe from those harmful UV rays. This oil also comes in a slightly different version with SPF 8 protection baked in. Check that out right here.
- Give your skin the shot of moisture it needs to properly prepare it for tanning
- Get quick and deep results with a blend of banana, coconut and carrot extracts
- Spray formula is extremely convenient and leaves your hands clean
- Some customers only received 1 bottle rather than the 3 advertised so check contents of package carefully upon arrival
Banana Boat Self-Tanning Lotion
9. Banana Boat Self-Tanning Sunless Lotion
f you fancy a glowing tan but you don’t like the idea of subjecting your skin to those UV rays outside, why not think about a self-tanning sunless lotion?Banana Boat’s classic formula has now been tweaked so its dye-free which polarizes opinion.
Packed with nutrients to hydrate and plump your skin up and coming in a choice of colorings to suit, this subtle, streak-free lotion is a great way to stay brown while sidestepping the sun.
- Quick to dry without leaving any nasty streaks
- Aloe vera and vitamin E to nourish your skin
- Customize the color to suit your requirements from Light/Medium through Deep Dark
- No dye included in new formulation
We hope this snapshot of the impressive Banana Boat range has given you some inspiration. There’s no need to put your skin at risk on the tanning trail and you can depend on Banana Boat to serve up the protection your whole family needs.Drop us a line if you can’t see your favorite Banana Boat sunscreen or tanning lotion on our list!Don’t forget to bookmark our site as your go-to tanning resource and be sure to come back soon for more of the best products to keep you protected while you tan whether indoors under the tanning bed or outside on the sun lounger.See you soon!