Whether you’re just looking for a quick touch-up, or want to get rid of all that pesky dry skin on your legs before summer, these 5 best exfoliating scrubs are the perfect solution.
With so many different types of scrubs available today it can be hard to know which one will work best for you and your needs. So we’ve put together this list with some of our favorites!
With products ranging from natural ingredients like coconut oil, sugar and salt; to more abrasive options like pumice stones; there’s something in this list for everyone.
It’s time to take care of those cracked heels and dry patches once and for all – scroll down below for five amazing scrub recommendations that will leave your legs feeling soft and smooth.
5 Best Exfoliating Scrubs For Legs
The right scrub can help to smooth and soften you skin, and we’ve got just the one for you! We’ve selected five of the best available scrubs currently on the market, and done our research to make sure we only recommend products that leave users happy. We’ll also give you a buying guide to help you find exactly what you’re looking for, so let’s get started!
1. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub Tropical Mango
This moisturizer is made from 100% pure natural shea butter that will bring relief and hydration to the driest of skin.
It smooths, softens even your most delicate areas- without leaving a greasy residue! Plus, the delicious mango scent leaves your skin smelling fresh and fruity for hours.
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub Tropical Mango melts into a rich lather that gently buffs away flaky dry areas while conditioning your skin to leave it feeling soft and smooth.
And it has one of the highest concentrations of raw shea butter found in any sugar scrub!
2. GiGi No Bump Body Scrub
This scrub from GiGi is the perfect way to get rid of razor bumps and ingrown hairs after waxing or shaving. The gentle but exfoliating scrub is great to use before and after you’ve applied your skin care routine.
It’ll remove dead cells that reveal radiant, smooth-looking skin!
GiGi No Bump Body Scrub is a unique formula designed to gently slough away dead skin cells from rough, dry, irritated patches. You’ll be left with silky-smooth legs that look and feel amazing!
3. Majestic Pure Sweet Orange Body Scrub
Your skin will be glowing after this body scrub. The sweet orange scent is refreshing and invigorating, making it much easier to wake up every morning!
The sweet orange oil, organic aloe vera juice and dead sea salt in this scrub are combined with coconut oil to give your skin a nourishing treatment that will rejuvenate it.
This body exfoliator is perfect for those who want smoother looking skin after just one use!
Majestic Pure Sweet Orange Body Scrub is a natural and organic citrusy blend will leave your skin soft, nourished and moisturized. Plus, it’s vegan-friendly and can be used every day!
4. Asutra Dead Sea Salt Body Scrub
The natural lavender and bergamot aroma of the Dead Sea Salt Body Scrub from Asutra is soothing to say the least. The addition fine grained salt allows for a more thorough exfoliation, leaving you feeling rejuvenated with every use!
Your legs will feel silky smooth as the dead and flaky skin cells are gently removed. Made with 100% pure Dead Sea salt, this product provides an amazing exfoliation experience for you to enjoy every day!
Asutra Dead Sea Salt Body Scrub is a gentle yet effective scrub that will leave your legs feeling soft and smooth.
Removing dead skin cells with the natural salt exfoliation helps to reveal healthier, glowing skin underneath. This product is perfect for those who want their legs to look amazing after just one use!
5. Brooklyn Botany Brown Sugar Body Scrub
Brooklyn Botany’s Brown Sugar Body Scrub is the perfect solution for all your dry skin needs. With its rich, brown sugar fragrance and gentle exfoliating properties it will leave you feeling refreshed without any residue or harsh chemicals on sensitive areas like elbows!
The Brown Sugar Scrub is a gentle, natural formula made from fine brown sugar granules that are ideal for scrubbing and moisturizing the skin in all areas. It leaves you feeling rejuvenated with its fresh scent!
Brooklyn Botany Brown Sugar Body Scrub is a vegan formula exfoliator that’s made from natural ingredients and provides an invigorating exfoliation experience for your skin.
It has a brown sugar formulation to gently remove dead skin cells, while moisturizing your skin underneath. This product is perfect for those who want their legs to look amazing after just one use!
What is an Exfoliating Scrub?
What is an exfoliating scrub? An exfoliating scrub is a product that helps to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores with the use of grit or sand.
They usually contain abrasive particles like sugar, salt, ground shells, pumice stones and microbeads which work together to give you glowing skin.
An exfoliating scrub can be done at home or in the shower. It’s easy to use – all you need is your favorite scrub, some warm water and a gentle touch.
The key is to start gently with light circular motions, especially if you have sensitive skin. You can always apply more pressure as needed, but it’s hard to remove what already exists.
Exfoliating scrubs can be used on the whole body and in certain instances, like when you’re in a hurry, they can even replace your daily face wash.
They do contain exfoliating particles so people with sensitive skin may want to use them only once or twice a week to reduce any irritation caused by these compounds.
What is the Purpose of an Exfoliating Scrub?
The purpose of an exfoliating scrub is to penetrate deep into your skin, removing dead skin cells and unclogging pores. An exfoliating scrub will help with both the texture and appearance of your skin if used properly.
You’ll be able to tell if you’ve done too much by the redness of your skin in the area that you’ve used it in.
If you have dry or cracked heels, an exfoliating scrub can help to remove these dead layers and significantly improve the smoothness of your feet. You can also use a pumice-based scrub around your elbows which will give them a smoother appearance over time.
Breaks in the skin like chicken pox scars, age spots and freckles can also be reduced with regular use of an exfoliating scrub.
An exfoliating scrub is a good option if you want to prolong your tan or enhance any sort of fake glow. You’ll notice your skin hydrated and glowing in no time!
Types of Exfoliating Scrub
There are many different types of exfoliating scrubs on the market today. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most popular available:
- Sugar Scrubs – Made with natural ingredients like brown sugar or coconut oil, this exfoliator contains an ingredient that will gently remove dead skin cells when massaged into the skin.
- They are normally quite gentle and perfect for sensitive skin types.
- Salt Scrubs – Another all-natural exfoliator, salt scrubs use natural salts like Himalayan pink salt to gently remove dead skin.
- This type of scrub is great for people with dry or flaky skin as it doesn’t strip moisture from the top layer of the skin.
- Abrasive Scrubs – These scrubs contain more abrasive ingredients, like ground shells or pumice stones, which help to remove dead skin cells by physically scrubbing them away.
- This type is especially useful for people with calluses on their feet and hands as well as those looking to get rid of dry patches on their skin.
- Microbead Scrubs – Containing microbeads, these scrubs are more aggressive than abrasive scrubs as they remove dead cells with the use of very small particles.
- However, this type has come under scrutiny in recent years as microbeads have been found to be harmful to both marine life and the environment.
Natural Exfoliating Scrubs
When looking for a natural exfoliating scrub it’s important to look for products that are made from all-natural ingredients and don’t contain any harsh chemicals or artificial components.
We’ve chosen five great examples of natural scrubs, each containing a different ingredient:
- Coconut Oil – Containing beneficial vitamins and fatty acids, coconut oil is a great ingredient to look for in a natural scrub.
- This one from Soap & Glory contains organic cocoa butter and vitamin E to keep your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Sugar – Made with brown sugar and sweet almond oil, this exfoliator from The Body Shop leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth without the use of any artificial chemicals.
- Sugar + Lemon – Containing both sugar and lemon juice, this scrub from L’Occitane gives you a gentle exfoliation that leaves your skin looking radiant and glowing.
- Salt – You can’t go wrong with a salt scrub!
- This homemade version from A Beautiful Mess uses Himalayan pink salt to gently exfoliate and nourish your skin.
- Ground Shells – Perfect for anyone looking for an all-natural scrub, this one from Malin + Goetz contains ground snail shells and earthworm powder (yuck!) to remove dead cells and leave you feeling soft and smooth.
What to Expect from an Exfoliating Scrub
Expect a good scrub to leave your skin feeling soft and smooth, not dry or tight. If you’re experiencing a severe amount of dryness then it’s a good idea to avoid scrubs that contain potentially harmful chemicals like parabens and sulfates.
Try using them once a week rather than every day to allow your skin time to rest.
Benefits of Using Exfoliating Scrubs
Exfoliating scrubs are great for giving your skin a deep clean, removing dead cells and unclogging pores.
Here are some of the key benefits of using an exfoliating scrub on your face or body:
- Reduce Wrinkles – Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells that can clog up your pores and cause wrinkles to form.
- Regular exfoliation can help to keep your skin looking young and healthy.
- Remove Blackheads – Blackheads are created when dead skin cells block the pores on your face, resulting in a buildup of dirt and sebum.
- By removing these dead cells you’ll be able to remove the blackheads, leaving you with smooth and beautiful skin.
- Remove Dry Patches – If you suffer from dry patches on your limbs or hands then an exfoliating scrub can be used to remove these dead cells and smooth the area.
- This will allow your moisturizer to absorb more easily, giving you hydrated skin.
Precautions When Using Exfoliating Scrubs
Exfoliating scrubs are an effective method of giving your skin a deep clean and removing dead cells, but they aren’t suitable for everyone.
If you suffer from sensitive skin or have an open wound then it’s best to avoid exfoliants as the abrasive particles can further irritate the area and cause small cuts to appear.
Make sure you rinse any exfoliating scrub off thoroughly with water after use. Too much scrub left on your skin can cause irritation, dryness and flaking.
Other Tips for Exfoliating Scrubs
You should never use an exfoliating scrub more than once a week to prevent damage to your skin. Consider using them less frequently during the winter months when your skin is drier.
If you’re planning on using a scrub on your face we recommend you test it out first to ensure it doesn’t irritate or cause redness, particularly if you have sensitive skin.
According to experts, you should always exfoliate before moisturizing to allow your skin to absorb the nutrients more easily.
Therefore, be sure to decide which among these 5 you want to try and use it an hour before your daily skincare routine.