It is important to stay hydrated when you are out in the sun, but it is even more important to avoid products that contain chemicals. This article will present you with some of the best fragrance-free tanning lotions on the market!
What is a fragrance-free tanning lotion?
A fragrance-free tanning lotion is a product that does not contain chemical fragrances. This means that the products will have natural ingredients which are safe on your skin and won’t irritate you when used!
What to look for in a great fragrance-free sunless tanner?
When looking at different brands, make sure that the product is not too oily. You also want to make sure that it has natural ingredients because you don’t want any harmful chemicals on your skin.
Best Fragrance-Free Tanning Lotions
When looking for a new self tanner, you want something that will give you the best results without messy application or harmful ingredients. This list compiled the best fragrances-free tanning lotions on the market that will give you a gorgeous, natural looking glow!
There are many different brands out there, but the top five tanning lotions will give you a great looking tan without worrying about using a product that has harmful chemicals.
1. Botanic Tree Self Tanner-Organic Sunless Tanner
This self tanner is made from all natural ingredients and will give you a great looking glow. It also has an invigorating scent that helps energize the skin!
2. Australian Gold Botanical SPF 50 Sunless Tanning Lotion
Another tanning lotion that is made with natural ingredients. This product will give you a gorgeous glow, but it does contain some chemicals so make sure to use this product on your feet and hands sparingly! It also contains SPF 50 to protect your skin from the sun!
3. Australian Gold Botanical Cheeky
This is a great self tanner that smells amazing with its tropical scent. This product will leave you feeling fresh and looking tanned, but it can be really messy which may not be for everyone. It also contains chemicals so make sure to use it carefully and sparingly!
4. Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Gel Cream
This is a great self tanner that comes in the form of a gel. It absorbs into your skin quickly without leaving behind any residue which makes it perfect for people who don’t want anything but smooth glowing skin! The product also contains Vitamin E and hyaluronic acid to keep your skin hydrated. It also has SPF 20 which will protect you from the sun when using this product!
5. Beauty by Earth Self Tanner Tanning Lotion
This product is an organic self tanner that has great ingredients to give you a natural looking glow. There are no chemicals in this lotion which makes it safe for your skin, but the product can be messy so make sure to wear gloves while applying!
Why choose fragrance-free tanning lotions?
When you are out in the sun, it is important to protect your skin from harmful rays. The best way to do this is by using a self tanner that has SPF in it which will give you double protection!
Fragrance-free tanning lotions are great for people who have sensitive skin because they don’t contain chemicals or harmful ingredients. These products are also great for people who want to protect their skin from the sun while getting a natural looking tan!
Advantages of Fragrance-Free Tanning Lotions
- No added scents
- Non-irritating formula for sensitive skin types
- Fragrance-free tanning lotions are also beneficial to people who suffer from allergies or sensitivities. These products prevent the possibility of having an allergic reaction towards added scents in tanning formulas, which can be irritating for some individuals with various medical conditions such as asthma and dermatitis. They are especially great if you have sensitive skin because they are less likely to cause irritation, which can lead to discomfort or even infections that may result in scarring.
- Fragrance-free tanning lotions also prevent the possibility of disrupting your body’s natural pH levels. The added scents found in regular tanning formulas are usually very strong and have a tendency to irritate the skin when exposed to the UV rays of a tanning bed or sunlamp. This can cause your skin to release chemicals that change its pH levels, which may lead to premature aging and even other serious medical conditions including cancer.
Disadvantages of Fragrance-Free Tanning Lotions
- Less moisturizing
- There are no additional fragrances in this product
- The most common disadvantage of using fragrance-free tanning lotions is that they are not as effective at locking in moisture. This can result in your skin appearing dry instead of smooth and supple, which may prevent you from getting the tanned look that you desire. However, this drawback can be easily overcome by simply applying an additional moisturizer to your skin after tanning.
How to Apply Fragrance-Free Tanning Lotions
Before you use any new product, be sure that it is compatible with your skin type and ask a dermatologist for advice if needed to help ensure the best possible results when using fragrance-free tanning lotions.
For best results, apply a liberal amount of tanning moisturizer to your skin and make sure that it is rubbed in evenly. Be careful not to get any product on your hands or clothes because the color can transfer onto surfaces if left for too long.
Follow these steps every time you use fragrance-free tanning lotions to achieve the best results.
Common ingredients of fragrance-free tanning lotions
- Aloe Vera – keeps skin moisturized and reduces the risk of irritation or itching.
- Hydroquinone – is a bleaching agent that helps even out your skin tone by lightening areas where you have suffered from sun damage such as dark spots, age spots, liver spots, freckles, and areas where you have been burned.
- Menthol – provides a cooling sensation to the skin, which can help reduce discomfort and redness after tanning. It works by widening your blood vessels slightly so that they release heat into the surrounding tissues more quickly when exposed to sunlight or UV rays from a tanning bed or sunlamp.
- Sweet Almond Oil – moisturizes and softens the skin.
- Vitamin E – is an antioxidant that prevents damage to your cells by neutralizing free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause permanent changes in healthy cell structure if they aren’t stopped, which may lead to cancer or other serious medical conditions.
- Lecithin – increases the penetration of other ingredients in the formula.
- Vitamin C – is a natural antioxidant that fights free radicals and prevents damage to healthy cells by neutralizing them before they can cause permanent changes. This helps protect you from developing cancer or other serious medical conditions as well as makes your skin appear more youthful and vibrant.
- Emulsifying Wax – helps blend together the ingredients in your fragrance-free tanning lotion so they are absorbed more easily by your skin.
- Glycerin – is a natural humectant that attracts moisture from the air and locks it into your skin cells to keep them hydrated longer when you have been exposed to dry conditions such as cold, windy weather or indoor heating.
- Olive Oil – softens and moisturizes the skin to prevent it from becoming dry, flaking, chapping, cracking, scaling or peeling. It also helps hold moisture in your cells so they look more supple and smooth instead of rough and dull when you have been exposed to conditions that result in excessively dry skin.
- Palmitic Acid – is a fatty acid that helps moisturize the skin and prevent it from becoming excessively dry while you are tanning so your skin doesn’t feel tight or flaky when you get out of bed in the morning after using fragrance-free tanning lotions.
- Lactic Acid – an alpha hydroxyl compound that is derived from milk. It helps to gently exfoliate the top layer of your skin so that when you are in a tanning bed, it absorbs more ultraviolet light and produces melanin much faster for darker coloration without causing irritation.
- Coconut Oil – conditions, moisturizes and softens the skin while also preventing excessive dryness. This can help keep your skin looking younger and more vibrant.
- Glycolic Acid – is an alpha hydroxy acid that penetrates the surface of your skin to speed up exfoliation so you tan faster while also preventing irritation. It helps remove dead cells on top of your skin, which allows sunscreen ingredients in fragrance-free tanning lotions to absorb more quickly and penetrate your skin better.
- Linoleic Acid – is an essential omega-fatty acid that helps keep the outer layer of your skin soft, smooth and supple so it doesn’t become dry or crack when you are in a tanning bed. This can help prevent damage from ultraviolet rays as well as prevent other conditions such as eczema or dermatitis.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide – is a peptide that penetrates the skin’s surface to speed up exfoliation and enhances penetration of sunscreen ingredients in your fragrance-free tanning lotion so it absorbs deeper into your skin for better protection from ultraviolet rays without causing irritation.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – is a salt that occurs naturally in your skin and attracts moisture from the air to ensure optimal hydration even when you have been exposed to dry conditions such as cold, windy weather or indoor heating for prolonged periods of time.
- Vitamin A – causes exfoliation of surface cells on top of the skin so they are replaced faster for more rapid tanning.
Fragrance-free tanning lotions are the best for ensuring your skin doesn’t become irritated or red when you get out of bed in the morning after using them. They absorb into your skin better to produce a dark, deep color without causing irritation while also moisturizing and softening it so that you don’t have any dryness or flaking.
This is because fragrances are known to cause irritation, dryness and redness when you tan in a bed or out in the sun which can prevent your skin from absorbing enough ultraviolet rays for it to produce melanin properly.