Psoriasis is a skin condition that can be difficult to manage. Itchy and uncomfortable, it can make you feel like your skin is crawling. While there are no cures for the condition, there are some ways you can reduce the redness and discomfort of psoriasis outbreaks: self-tanning products.
This blog post will review the best self-tanning products for psoriasis on Amazon for people with psoriasis so that they never have to worry about flare-ups again!
Best Self-Tanning Products for Psoriasis on the Market
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease characterized by red, inflamed patches of skin covered with silvery scales. The condition can be itchy and uncomfortable, and in severe cases can lead to joint pain and psoriatic arthritis. There is no cure for psoriasis, but there are treatments that can help control the symptoms.
The following are some of the best self-tanners for psoriasis available on Amazon:
1. Revelation Ultra Bronze Self Tanner
What’s better than a skincare product that makes your complexion look and feel amazing? With Revolution Ultra Bronze, you can have a beautiful naturally bronzed look without all of those nasty side effects.
- A self-tanner with no harmful chemicals or toxins!
- The high quality of ingredients makes it a great choice for those who want healthy, youthful-looking skin.
- Free from parabens and sulfates with no phthalates or petrochemicals added.
The secret to a skin healthy and youthful-looking complexion is in the ingredients. Shea butter, coconut oil provide intense hydration for supple softness that will have everyone asking what’s your beauty routine.
With a single application, Easy to apply:
Beautiful UV Free natural tan develops within 6-8 hours before showering. Leave on for 3 days and then re-apply after 4 of 5 days for an even darker look that will last all winter long!
Natural sunless skincare lotion moisturizes as it nourishes your skin in ways you never imagined possible; Streak-free formula means no more pesky water spots or unwanted white streaks everywhere so go ahead, live boldly without fear, and be confident!
2. Miami Gorgeous Self Tanning Mousse
The Miami Gorgeous Self Tanning Mousse is a safe and natural way to achieve that summer look. It features high-quality ingredients, like DHA which helps protect skin against UV rays as well as keep it hydrated; plus Gluten free parabens and never tested on animals!
- No more expensive salon visits or costly self-tanners – this product will last you months at home with just one application per week depending on how often your face shines outdoors during warm seasons.
- The best part? You can enjoy all these great benefits without sacrificing any sense of style because we know what matters most here are not only good things but also being eco-friendly.
- Get that sun-kissed look without having any worries about being orange. Infused with Argan Oil and Coconut Oil this self-tanner will make your body look stunning!
- Note that it contains pure vitamins, natural oils making sure you’re leaving skin perfectly tanned while providing instant results which are long-lasting too.
- What are you waiting for? Put your best self forward with this Miami Gorgeous Self Tanning Mousse! It’s easy to use and produces the perfect bronze color in just one application.
Just follow these easy steps: exfoliate skin before applying using a tanning mitt or hand in circular motion, wait until it’s dry then dress yourself up with your favorite outfit!
3. Thermalabs Indoor Tanning Lotion
Golden Standard Self Tanner is made with organic and natural ingredients so you can feel good about what’s on your skin.
- No more worrying that toxic chemicals are coming into contact with important parts of our body because we know how picky people get when it comes to their personal care products.
- The Thermalabs Indoor Tanning Lotion uses only natural ingredients that give you the beauty of bronze without any harmful effects on your skin. With its aloe vera base, this product nourishes and exercises good bacteria to help keep it healthy!
- Even the palest of skins can be made bronzed overnight with this innovative self-tanner!
It will give you that sought-after sun-kissed glow for up to 2 weeks.
4. Beauty by Earth Tanning Lotion
Hello, goodbye to that pasty complexion: Beauty by Earth self-tanner is here! Transform your skin from pale and dull to a natural glow with its advanced formula. No more nasty streaks or dark patches- just beautiful sun-kissed skin in an instant.
- There are a lot of great things about this vegan sunless tanning lotion. For one, it’s certified cruelty free which means no animal testing is involved in the production and you could be soothed by the soothing properties for your skin that lies beneath!
- Plus there’s all-natural aloe vera juice from organically grown plants with organic shea butter formulated to help hydrate as well; dihydroxyacetone (DHA), an advanced self-tanners agent used clinically proven safe levels according to too government regulations set forth worldwide organizations.
- To get the best, most lasting results from a self-tanner application there are two things you need: gentle exfoliation and an even coat. Apply your product thinly on top of moisturized skin for maximum efficiency!
- If applying in areas with loose or thinning flesh use less than what is recommended here so as not to accentuate this trait too much; otherwise just go ahead and follow all instructions carefully while avoiding any eye contact if at all possible.
So what are you waiting for? Get that summer glow from the comfort of your own home with this incredible self-tanner!
5. The Lotion Company Vanilla Bean with Bronzer
You can get a nice, healthy glow without the risk of turning out blue with this vanilla bean moisturizer! It will keep your skin looking and feeling its best during both indoor tanning sessions as well outdoor ones when you’re out in direct sunlight.
- Lotion Company’s gentle formula won’t irritate sensitive skin. It contains no parabens, petroleum products, or artificial colors/dyes so it’s perfect for people with extremely dry complexions!
- Aloe Vera has an instant cooling effect on your face which helps protect against irritation while macadamia nut oil supplements help retain moisture in the environment of rich hydration provided.
- Its warm, grounding scent is perfect for when you want to feel at peace. Made with natural vanilla beans which give off a sweet aroma coupled with woody undertones this lotion will have your mind relaxed in no time!
Finally, here are the five best self-tanners for psoriasis! Before putting it on, remember to exfoliate. For the most natural-looking tan, apply evenly and before use.
Self-tanning products are an excellent way to cover up those unsightly patches of red, scaly skin. Not only will the self-tanner help your psoriasis look better in clothes and swimwear, but it can also provide a much-needed confidence boost as you start enjoying summer again.
When looking for a self-tanner to use on psoriasis-affected skin, it is important to find one that is gentle and won’t aggravate the condition. Many people with psoriasis find that sunless tanners work best, as they are less likely to cause an outbreak.
What to Do Before Getting a Self-tan?
There are a few things you might want to do before applying for a self-tanner. These will ensure that your skin is as close to perfect as it can be for getting a nice-looking tan.
1. Tone the skin: Your skin should not have dead cells on its surface, but if it does apply a toner and let this soak in for a few minutes before applying self-tanner. If your skin is too dry, you can also apply a hydrating toner on it before starting to apply the product.
2. Exfoliate: After you’ve applied the toner, rub some scrub or sugar into your skin using circular motions and then rinse off with water. This is good because it will help the product go on easily and smoothly. If you skip this, your skin might get blotchy or patchy when you apply the tanner, especially since there are multiple layers involved when applying a self-tanner.
3. Moisturize: A regular moisturizer may do the trick, but make sure it has the right ingredients. If there are silicones in it, your skin will not absorb the self-tanner as easily. Also, cocoa butter or shea butter is good to use before applying a tanner since they have properties that help keep skin moisturized. They also provide some sun protection on their own, which is always an advantage when you’re going to be outside in the sun.
4. Apply primer: If you’re going for a streak-free tan, primers are your best bet. They don’t give as dark of color or as even coverage as self-tanners do, but they help keep the product on evenly and prevent it from rubbing off on clothes and sheets. A good one to try is Loving Tan’s One Night Stand face primer, but regular primers with good reviews will also work.
5. Let the primer soak in: Much like a self-tanner, primers need some time to do their job properly so give them about 5-10 minutes before applying a self-tanner on top of it. You can apply moisturizer or your regular face cream during this time.
Note: the above might not always be true for all primers or people, so if you find something that works well with your skin and you’re able to apply it directly after moisturizer, go ahead!
How to Keep a Tan With Psoriasis Looking Its Best?
We all love the look of a fresh, new tan. The deep golden color offers a healthy glow and helps hide blemishes. Unfortunately for many with psoriasis, tanned skin is just another concern in their daily battle with disease symptoms. Because of this, it’s important to have some tricks up your sleeve so you can enjoy a tan without exacerbating psoriasis symptoms.
1. Use Glycolic Acid Daily
Glycolic acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid derived from sugar cane that removes dead skin cells, revealing brighter, more youthful-looking skin. It’s also used to fade discoloration marks associated with medium-to-darker skin tones. Because of this, it can be great to remedy skin discolorations and psoriasis plaques caused by sun exposure.
Glycolic acid is available in several forms including creams, lotions, gels, cleansers, toners, and pads. However, the most effective for fading are glycolic peels and creams (not to be confused with hydroxy acid peels).
2. Daily Sunscreen is a Must
Daily sunscreen use minimizes the risk of sunburn, which can lead to further skin damage and life-long pigmentation problems. It’s also essential for anyone who wants clear, blemish-free skin.
To avoid the greasy feeling of many sunscreens, look for oil-free varieties with a matte finish. Keep in mind that mattifying sunscreen formulas are different from non-comedogenic ones. The former doesn’t clog pores at all costs while the latter minimizes chances of doing so. So don’t pick just any sunscreen. Make sure it’s oil-free and matte!
Just as with other sun protection formulas, choose a sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays. You can also opt for makeup or moisturizer with built-in SPF 30 to save time.
3. Eat Foods That Help
Amazing psoriasis and skin care remedies can be found in your grocery store. Consumption of certain foods is associated with reduced sunburn severity.
It’s thought that beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids – found in fruits like melons, strawberries, oranges, and tomatoes – may help improve the immune system function as well as its response to UV radiation.
Other foods that have been tied to sunburn protection include spinach, carrots, broccoli, and cabbage.
4. Don’t Forget the Lotion
You can’t have soft, moisturized skin when you neglect lotion. Even if your psoriasis isn’t limited to your body, it doesn’t mean you don’t need the benefits of a simple moisturizer. While there are plenty of options to choose from, just make sure they’re free of fragrances and oils which could irritate your skin.
5. Use the Right Products
Many people with psoriasis, especially those with mild forms of the disease, can enjoy a good tan if they use self-tanning products. However, make sure you avoid ones that are dyes or fragrances as both tend to irritate sensitive skin.
Instead, use a moisturizing formula that’s designed to hydrate and improve your skin’s texture.
6. Get Professional Help
If you’re struggling to enjoy the sun without triggering psoriasis symptoms, it might be time to visit a dermatologist.
- They can recommend phototherapy treatments, such as narrowband UVB (NB-UVB) and psoralen combined with UVA light (PUVA), which can help you tan without exacerbating your disease.
- The truth is that there’s no universal solution for everyone with psoriasis and tanned skin. It depends on the severity of your symptoms, as well as other factors such as age, lifestyle, and medical history.
- That’s why it’s important to follow the tips listed above as well as a check-in with a doctor – especially if you’ve never visited one – at least once a year or anytime your symptoms worsen.
If you do this, you’ll be on track to finding a skincare regimen that works for you and makes it possible for you to enjoy the sun safely.
Psoriasis makes it difficult for people to enjoy the sun without triggering symptoms. However, there are treatment options available to give you control over your psoriasis and tanned skin. These include phototherapy treatments that can help you tan safely as well as certain food items that may boost your immune system function and protect against UV radiation damage.
Lastly, it’s important to use the right products when tanning, such as a moisturizing self-tanner that is free of dyes and fragrances. With these tips in mind, you can safely enjoy the sun and improve your overall skin health!