Cocoa butter is a popular skin care ingredient that has been used for centuries. It is natural and organic, which means it is safe to use on your skin. Cocoa butter will not only moisturize and protect the skin, but also help you get a tan!
This article, Cocoa Butter For Tanning, discusses how to use cocoa butter in your beauty regimen for a year-round golden tan.
Self Tanning with Cocoa Butter
We’re always on the lookout for the ideal tanning products, ones that will not only help darken our skin but also moisturize and give it a natural glow. For many people, cocoa butter is one of the best natural options, and it’s a popular natural tanning solution in the market.
Common Question Asked: Does cocoa butter work for tanning, and how do you utilize it? Rather than aiding in the development of a darker tan, cocoa butter is more effective for maintaining the tan. A good cocoa butter cream is a great way to get a gorgeous tan.
The skin’s moisture level is increased, which helps to restore and radiate it, resulting in a golden glow that draws attention to your darker tan. Daily application of cocoa butter to the skin will maintain its health and moisture.
Although cocoa butter may not aid in the development of a deeper tan under the sun, it will aid in the maintenance of your skin’s moisture and hydration, which is essential for maximizing the beauty of your tan!
How to Use Cocoa Butter For Tanning
Tanning is one of the biggest problems people have to deal with. And despite all claims, not everyone can afford a trip to a tanning salon every week. The best way to achieve a deep and healthy tan is by using cocoa butter for skin instead of expensive chemical products found in salons.
Cocoa Butter For Tanning
Cocoa butter, also known as theobroma oil or cocoa seed butter , is a pale-yellow, edible vegetable fat that comes from the cacao bean. It’s found in many countries and is used as a food, a cosmetic ingredient and as a component of some pharmaceutical products.
- Cocoa butter has always been valued by cultures around the world for its skin-softening properties. It’s also long-trusted to reduce discoloration on the skin of all kinds, including age spots , scars , stretch marks and other skin irregularities.
- Cocoa butter is a rich, natural emollient also known as lanolin. It’s perfect for preventing and treating dry skin since it’s found in many skincare and beauty items to improve the look of your skin.
- This is because chocolate provides the highest levels of antioxidants, making it one of the most beneficial oils to use in self-tanners, summer lotions, and sun tanning oils. It helps to keep skin hydrated and radiant when exposed to high heat conditions by combining cocoa butter to the products.
- There are several reasons why cocoa butter should be used in tanning products or before and after tanners. Cocoa butter is an extremely moisturizing substance. The moisturizing properties of butter are derived from its complex fat chemical structure, which includes bonds between saturated and unsaturated fatty acids.
These oils help to keep water attached to the skin, ensuring that it is hydrated throughout the day.
What to Do Before Tanning
First and foremost, you must dry your skin thoroughly before applying cocoa butter. Submerge yourself in a bathtub filled with warm water for about 20 minutes to loosen dead skin cells and soften the top layer of your epidermis – this also helps to open up your pores.
Afterwards, lightly pat your body down with a towel to remove any excess water. Be sure to exfoliate your body using a loofah or an exfoliating mitt before you apply cocoa butter, as it can cause clogged pores if applied over dead cells.
It’s also worth noting that, when spending time in the sun, you’ll want to use additional tanning products and the cocoa butter should only be used as a foundation.
To increase the depth of your tan, after applying the initial lotion, apply additional products to the skin before tanning to provide extra protection for your skin and to encourage further darkening.
In the sun, cocoa butter can be used to tan or a self-tanning bed.
What to Do After Tanning
Flaking skin is a frequent issue for those who tan in the sun. The sun is a fantastic source to dry out your skin, and any tan will be destroyed quickly.
Cocoa butter moisturizes and protects the skin, preventing it from flaking and promoting moisture retention. It also helps to retain moisture for a long time, allowing the skin to restore its moisture.
Moisturized skin tans more effectively than dry skin, and the tan will stay even and radiant on the moisturized skin.
How to Use Cocoa Butter For Tanning After Tanning
Once tanning is complete, take a shower and carefully pat your skin dry. Then, apply cocoa butter all over your body to moisturize and prevent peeling after tanning.
You can also mix cocoa butter with coconut oil and essential oils such as lavender for an aromatherapy session before bedtime. It’s an effective way to soothe sore muscles and joints and relax into a deep sleep – and the cocoa butter and coconut oil will leave your skin soft and supple.
Important Information About Cocoa Butter for Tanning
Cocoa butter is a white or pale yellow solid that feels oily and melts at body temperature. It has a chocolate-like smell, derived from its melting point range of 98 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cocoa butter has been widely used in cosmetics and skin care products because it can retain moisture while simultaneously protecting the skin from harmful UV rays and free radicals.
- Concentrations of antioxidants such as vitamin E and phenols can be found in cocoa butter, which make it a great antioxidant for anti-aging skin care products.
- Cocoa butter contains many healthy fatty acids such as lauric, myristic, oleic, stearic and palmitic acids. These fatty acids nourish and moisturize the skin, protecting it from dryness and cracking.
- Cocoa butter is also applied topically to help treat minor bruise or scratch marks. Cocoa butter absorbs into the skin quickly without leaving a greasy residue like other oils and butters.
- There are many different ways cocoa butter can be used. It can be applied directly to the skin or added to another product, such as a lotion or body butter, which will increase its moisturizing effects.
- Cocoa butter is great for tanning because it contains vitamins and antioxidants which help protect the skin from harmful UV rays while also moisturizing it so that it doesn’t dry out during tanning.
Overall, cocoa butter is an effective moisturizing agent that helps the skin repair itself while protecting it from harmful UV rays and free radicals. Cocoa butter also makes a great additive for lotions, body butters, soaps and other cosmetic products.
There are 2 Types Of Cocoa Butter
If you’re buying cocoa butter on its own rather than as part of a tanning solution, it’s important to understand the difference between the two varieties that are available.
- Heated Cocoa Butter – Heated cocoa butter is one type of cocoa butter that is often sold. During the production process, it is heated to a high temperature, which causes it to lose some of its fats and nutritional value.
- Raw Cocoa Butter – The second kind is simply cocoa butter that hasn’t been processed. This is considered to be 100% cocoa butter that has not been subjected to high temperatures during the manufacturing process. It is minimally processed, which means it is better than heated cocoa butter in terms of nutrition.
Raw cocoa butter is high in healthy fats, which are beneficial for skin health.
The ideal choice for tanning is natural cocoa butter, which is solid at room temperature and becomes liquid when heated. Natural cocoa butter is significantly superior to hydrogenated or refined oils.
Why is Cocoa Butter Good for Tanning?
There are many reasons why cocoa butter is good for tanning. It is very effective for this purpose and has many other benefits as well. There are many reasons why people like to use cocoa butter to tan their skin.
- People especially love it because it gives them a perfect tan without the harmful rays of the sun. This tanning method decreases your chances of getting skin cancer dramatically.
- For decades, tanners have been using cocoa butter to get their tan. It is a great way for you to get that nice bronzed look without the health risks of getting too much sun.
- Many people put it on in the morning and then go about their day, coming home later looking darker than they were when they left in the morning.
- This method is very effective and not as dangerous as tanning beds.
For those who are more serious about tanning, cocoa butter is a great product to use because it will make them darker the first time they tan.
Most people have to try a few times before their skin gets dark, but not with cocoa butter–it helps you get a nice bronzed look right away.
Cocoa butter is a great product to use if you want to have that perfect tan without the harmful UV rays of the sun. It has many other benefits as well, such as helping skin heal faster and protecting it from free radicals.
There are two types available; heated cocoa butter which loses some of its nutrients during the manufacturing process while raw cocoa butter is minimally processed and has a high healthy fat content.