The weather is heating up, and it’s nearly time to pack your bags for vacation. But before you start packing, what about that pesky summertime dilemma: should I get a spray tan? It may seem like the natural thing to do when you want to look fabulous on the beach or by the pool. But there are some things to consider before making this decision.
Should You Get a Spray Tan Before Vacation? A spray tan before vacation can be the perfect way to beat summer’s heat. It will give you that healthy, deep golden color without any of those pesky sunburns or risk of skin cancer!
Read more below!
Should You Get a Spray Tan Before Vacation?
Benefits of Having a Spray Tan Before Vacation
A spray tan before a beach vacation is the perfect fix for those with naturally pale skin. There’s no need to worry about getting sunburned and suffering from painful burns, as it not only helps you feel more confident in your swimsuit but also keeps harmful UV rays at bay!
Let’s talk about some benefits if you get spray tanned before vacation:
1. Spray tanning ahead can save you time!
A spray tan before vacation can save you time and money. Going to a salon or spa takes up precious time, and the costs add up! Instead of buying your own sunless tanner at the store and doing it yourself, why not get it done professionally? It’s worth every penny when you consider how much extra free time you’ll have and how much money you’re saving!
2. Spray tanning ahead is healthier for your skin!
Spray tanning does not contain the harsh chemicals that most self-tanners do, so it’s much healthier for your skin. That means you will get to spend your time at the beach or pool without worrying about how harmful sun exposure can be on delicate skin!
3. Spray tanning ahead increases your confidence!
Getting self tanned before vacation can boost your self confidence like nothing else. You’ll be able to relax and enjoy your time away knowing that you look fabulous! It always comes that when you look good, you’ll then feel good!
Things to Consider Before Making a Decision on Self Tanning
However, there are some things to consider before making this decision.
- Don’t forget that since spray tans can be pricey, you should do your research first! Check out reviews online and talk with friends who have used a particular salon or spa before going ahead with your plans. You don’t want to waste time and money getting a spray tan that you’re not happy with.
- You should also keep in mind the kind of spray tanning solution selected, and how long it will take to dry before dressing. It can be uncomfortable if your clothes stick to your skin, so get dressed as soon as possible afterwards!
- Finally, always remember sunscreen when you’re outside after a spray tan. You’ll want to be extra cautious about protecting your new bronze color from the sun!
Tips for Preparing Yourself When Getting Spray Tanned for Vacation
Aside from the benefits and things to consider before getting spray tanned, you may also have to check out some of the helpful tips we have for you.
- Prepare your skin one week before your vacation. When getting a spray tan, whether before vacation or not, it is important to exfoliate beforehand! This will allow the solution to be applied evenly and easily absorbed by your skin.
- Make sure that your tanning session will be set at least two days before your planned vacation.
- Maintain your tan while you’re on your trip. Don’t forget to moisturize and use sunscreen while sun tanning!
- Never forget having SPF because you still need to protect yourself from the sun. There are SPFs that are approved for spray-tanned skin.
- Always do a trial run, even if it’s not your first time with self tanning or even if you do it every year. A trial run helps you test out the products you will be using to ensure they are safe for your skin.
- Be conscious of what lotions or perfumes you wear on spray tanning day!
- Don’t shower before getting sprayed. This is because any oil in your body may ruin the effect of the temporary formula, so it’s best if you avoid washing yourself the night before your session.
- However, you should shower after getting spray tanned since it’s necessary to remove the excess color from the skin. You don’t want this in your hair or whatnot! It can be easily washed out with soap and warm water afterwards.
- Don’t exfoliate for three days prior to your tanning session. It’s important to exfoliate before getting a spray tan, but you should wait at least three days to ensure that it won’t interfere with the color of your skin tone.
- Last but not the least, make sure to work with a spray tan artist who is qualified. If you are new to spray tanning, make sure that your artist is well-qualified since there are certain techniques they must learn before giving someone a tan!
These tips will definitely help you prepare for any future spray-tanning sessions! Do not forget them and keep these in mind when preparing yourself ahead of time.
How to Maintain Your Spray Tan Before the Vacation Time
Spray tans are a great way to ensure your tan lasts for longer than just one day. Spray tan is know to last for at least 10 days. If you want to maintain that gorgeous, even glow and keep the compliments coming in, follow these spray tan care tips we’ve outlined here today.
- Avoid hot tubs or actually all hot water. If you want to maintain your tan, it’s important that you don’t take hot showers or baths. The heat can make the spray tan fade faster since water washes away the coloration of the formula on your skin.
- Avoid chlorinated water. The chlorine in the pool or water can also wash away your tan, so it’s important to avoid this while you’re on vacation.
- Moisturize by using an oil-free moisturizer or lotion.
- As gradual tanners will fade over time, top it off with a self-tanner to extend its life.
With so many people looking to get a spray tan before their vacation, it seems like there are no downsides. But for some skin types and colors, the sunless option may not be ideal.
If you’re considering getting a spray tan before your upcoming trip or event outside of your hometown, make sure to follow all the information shared to you in this article.