In the summer, self-tanning is a must for those who want to look bronzed and radiant. With so many options out there, it can be hard to find the best one that fits your needs.
We have compiled a list of 6 of our favorite long-lasting self-tanners, as well as some tips on how to make them last even longer! So read on below for more information about these wonderful products and their benefits!
6 Long Lasting Self-Tanners
You can save a lot of time and hassle by using a self-tanner. You won’t have to worry about reapplying the product often, so you’ll be able to enjoy your summertime skin tone all day long!
With the change in seasons, you may find your self-tanner isn’t as effective. To maintain your tan healthily and naturally looking tan all year round, try using an indoor or outdoor product that will last longer!
If you are looking to get a long-lasting self-tan, then this is the perfect guide for what products work best. There are many different types of lotions out there and it can be hard knowing which one will suit your needs!
When Considering Longest Lasting Fake Tanners
You can look into these when looking for products:
- User Reviews – It’s always best to read reviews of products before making a purchase.
- Some people may have better results than others, so it’s helpful to see what other customers are saying about the product you’re considering!
- Price – Everyone has a different budget, so be sure to find something that fits within your price range.
- It’s not necessary to spend a lot on beauty products when there are plenty of options out there for affordable prices!
- Quality of Product – It’s best to go with a company that is known for their quality products.
- This means you won’t have any issues with finding the right color, as well as knowing the product will last longer!
- Availability – You’ll want to make sure you can easily find the product you’re looking for.
- If there’s a store nearby where you live, it will be much easier than ordering online and waiting on your new self tanner!
Now let’s get started with some product suggestions:
1. Tanceuticals Self-Tanner
This is among the well-known favored self-tanners, it also is a very long-lasting self-tanner in the market today.
This self-tanner is perfect for those who are in need of a darker color but still want to maintain that natural look.
Let’s begin with the most important characteristic which is its long-lasting power! This self-tanner offers an impressive staying power and lasts up to 6 to 7 days when applied correctly.
It comes with both applicator mitts along with a guide color to help you achieve that perfect shade.
This product also is a favorite because of its easy application and minimal streaking! It doesn’t rub on any cloth or sheets.
This means less work for you in order to get your desired results. The formula itself doesn’t turn ashy or orange which makes it an amazing choice compared to other self-tanners out there today.
The only downside is the high price tag that comes along with this self-tanner because it does come in a small bottle (only four ounces).
Given its great staying power and superior quality, I do believe Tanceuticals Self Tanning Lotion is worth every penny!
2. Vita Liberate
This product is organic and natural with 72-hour protection! It is vegan and doesn’t contain any parabens, resorcinol, or gluten!
Vita Liberate also comes in a medium shade which allows you to gradually darken your skin within the first four hours. This self-tanner does dry quickly with no stickiness after it’s applied.
You will also love that you don’t need to exfoliate before using this product! It glides on smoothly which makes it easy for application.
This self-tanner is ideal because of its moisturizing properties, making the skin feel smooth and hydrated after each use.
You get instant and natural bronzing results without any orange streaks! It will give you a healthy and long-lasting tan to your skin. The sunless tan fades evenly without any patchiness.
This product is perfect for those who are in need of an organic self-tanner that works effectively! If you’re looking to maintain your tan, then this formula will last up to ten days when applied properly.
The major downside is when compared to other self-tanners, this one does tend to fade faster. Overall it’s a very great product for those who are wanting something organic with long-lasting results!
With its pHen02 technology, Vita Liberate great option for you!
3. Coconut Water Based Long Lasting Foam
Being coconut-based means that the product is just right for you! This foam lasts long and is one of the best in its class and provides a natural-looking tan without any orange streaks!
The formula emits a very nice smell that doesn’t leave you smelling like food after it’s applied. It does take some time to dry, so make sure not to move around too much once you’ve completed your application.
You will love that this product is easy to apply and doesn’t leave behind any residue or streaks! The color will gradually appear after each use without leaving you feeling sticky.
You can also choose from five different shades when it comes to the color of your tanner foam!
The major downside is how long it takes for this self-tanner to fade, which can be up to two weeks. However, the major upside is that it will last a long time with each use!
Its long-lasting foam provides that perfect color you’ve always wanted with its deep dark tan!
It develops in just one single hour! The consistency is very nice and leaves the skin feeling moisturized as opposed to dry.
It’s best recommended that you use a tanning mitt when applying this self-tanner because it can get messy!
It is also paraben-free and contains natural DHA.
The price tag may also be difficult for some customers because this self-tanner does come only in one size (four ounces).
Despite its minor issues though, if you are looking for something coconut-based and organic, this is the best option for you!
4. SunLabs Overnight
This product is known to be safe and long-lasting. It is yet another product made with natural ingredients and is free of parabens and DHA.
It also has a subtle hint of vanilla that will leave you feeling fresh all day long! The color may take some time to develop, but once it does, you’ll be left with a dark bronzed tan that’s not orange in any way.
This self-tanner is best recommended for those who are looking to maintain their tan over time because it does not fade quickly. You can also choose from three different shades that will suit all skin types.
It is very easy and quick to apply, which makes this product great for busy individuals!
Although many may prefer that one self-tanner with an instant color change on their skin, this product is perfect for those who do not mind waiting around for a few hours.
It is also very easy to remove, which makes it great for those who are always on the go!
5. Evagloss Self-Tanner
The product offers you a healthy glow that comes naturally from the sun! It provides a deep rich color that will last for days.
If you’re looking to develop a long-lasting, natural tan without any harsh chemicals either, this product could be right up your alley!
Most of the self-tanners come with an unsightly orange tint, but not Evagloss. Rather than providing that ugly orange tint, this self-tanner comes with a dark golden color that will make you look like you just came back from the Caribbean!
The one downside is how quickly it fades. After only three days of using it, your tan will fade and wear away to nothing. However, if you’re looking for something long-lasting and natural without having to commit to it, this self-tanner is the perfect one for you!
Maintain your healthy glow with ease by using Evagloss. This product does not contain any harsh chemicals that could damage or irritate your skin in any way.
It’s even free of parabens and DHA which makes it great for those who are more on the sensitive side.
This product is best recommended for those who are looking to maintain their glow rather than achieve a dark, rich tan on their skin.
In addition, it will last longer if you choose not to shower or go out in public after applying it as soon as possible!
It can also be applied anywhere and does not have a strong odor like many self-tanners, which makes it perfect for those who require privacy when applying their tanning solution.
The product blends to the different skin tones you have easily, which is another major plus for those who are worried about finding that one self-tanner that will match their skin tone perfectly.
6. Skinerals Self-Tanner
This is also another long-lasting self-tanner that gives you an even look. It does not have as dark of a tan as the other self-tanners on this list, but it is perfect for those who are looking to achieve an even skin tone.
This product will give you a nice golden color after application which makes it great if you’re trying to maintain your natural sunless tan and want something that looks more like the sun-kissed your skin!
It does not have any orange tint either, which is another major plus for those who are looking to avoid anything that may make them look unnatural.
It’s also very easy to apply and spread evenly on your skin without leaving unsightly dark patches anywhere like other self-tanners often do.
You can use it on your face and body, which is another major plus for those who are looking to avoid a product that will only work for their skin.
The one downside is how quickly it fades. Unlike other self-tanners on this list, Skinerals do not last as long as the others do. It can fade after up to 5 to 6 days and you will need to reapply after that if you want it to maintain its color.
However, this self-tanner is perfect for those who are looking for a product with natural ingredients and do not mind spending an extra few minutes applying their tanning solution.
It’s also great if you’re trying to find something that offers a nice even tan without having to commit.
What Can Make a Self-tanner Long Lasting?
All self-tanners you find can be different and work differently on different skin types. However, there are some tricks of the trade that you can use to make a self-tanner last as long as possible!
- Moisturize everyday – This helps to condition your skin and prepare it for the harsh chemicals that you’re about to put on.
- It will also help reduce any dryness or flaking so your tanning solution can last longer.
- Wax and shave one day right before tanning – This helps to reduce any unevenness in your skin that may show through the tanning solution.
- It also makes it easier for you to apply and blend evenly on your skin!
- Remove dark spots – Darker areas of skin, like moles or birthmarks will show through self-tanners so use a bleaching cream before applying them to ensure you get the best possible look.
- Sprinkle your face with cold water – This is great for those who are worried about staining their skin or want to prolong the life of your tan.
- It tightens pores and helps eliminate any excess product on your face so you can wear it longer!
- Mix your favorite moisturizers – This will give you a darker, deeper tan while making sure your skin looks healthy and even.
- It’s also great for those who want to prolong their self-tanner until it starts fading!
- Gradual tanners are for pale skin – Pale skin typically does not work well with self-tanners.
- However, gradual tanners will give you the look of a real sun kissed glow without going overboard and making your skin too dark to match!
- Use a mirror when applying – It’s always a good idea to double check your application using a mirror before you head out.
- This way, if there are any dark spots or areas that need blending, you can do it quickly and easily!
- Moisturize after – Applying moisturizer is great for helping prolong the life of self-tanners but they often make your skin a little darker before they dry.
- Apply moisturizer once you’ve dried off to make sure your tan is the same shade as when it was applied!
Using these tips will help you get more out of every self-tanner that you buy and ensure they last for up to one week or longer on your skin.
Make sure to read the ingredients on each self-tanner before you buy it to ensure that it won’t cause any irritation or clog your pores!
Have a Long Lasting Tan
- Moisturizing all the time – Your tan will fade faster if you don’t moisturize! Keeping your skin hydrated and conditioned will help it last as long as possible.
- Remove tan naturally by exfoliation – Exfoliation helps get rid of flaky skin and leaves your tan looking brighter.
- It also ensures that it won’t cause any irritation or clog pores in the areas you remove the product!
- Use waterproof SPF – Using SPF will make sure your tan will be preserved from fading and protects you from the sun’s harmful rays.
- This is especially important when it’s hot or humid outside!
- Wash off your hands – Make sure to remove excess product on the palms of your hand before you leave.
- This will help reduce any discoloration or dark spots that may occur from getting wet!
- Sunless tanners with high amounts of DHA will last longer – Sunless tanners containing a large amount of dihydroxyacetone will last longer because they are actual stains that deposit onto your skin.
- They also smell better and have a more natural glow!
- Use baby oil – Using baby oil will help prolong the life of self-tanners by keeping them from fading too quickly.
- It’s especially great for those who want to wear their tan all day or night long without having to worry about it fading!
What are Some Other Options?
If you’re looking for products with natural ingredients, there are plenty of great options out there. However, some may not be as effective when stretched over a week’s time.
Before you use any self-tanner, it’s important to moisturize skin and exfoliate. This will help prepare your skin for the harsh chemicals that are in these products so they can be as effective as possible!
Tips & Tricks: How To Apply Tanning Lotion Properly And Avoid Fade Out
When applying tanning lotion to your skin, make sure you do not forget about these key points.
- You should apply one generous layer to your ankles, feet and wrists because these are the areas you will often forget when applying tanning lotion.
- Make sure to use a mitt or gloves when applying self-tanner so that your palms do not get stained orange over time.
- This is also important for lining up your fingers with where you’re supposed to be placing it on your hands.
- If you’re looking for something long lasting, then make sure to apply your tanning solution at night before bed when it has the most time to set into your skin and develop its color fully.
- This will ensure that your self-tanner lasts as long as possible without fading in between applications!
- You may also want to consider using a tan extender to maintain your color longer than usual.
- You can purchase one at any beauty store or online, and they are great for keeping the color of self-tanners long lasting without fading in between applications!
- There is no perfect product that will work perfectly on everyone’s skin!
- Make sure you’re choosing an option that works best for your specific skin type and that you’re comfortable using before committing to it.
- You should also take some time to research different products on the market today so you can find something with natural ingredients instead of chemicals, which are often dangerous for your health!
- You may want to consider doing this if you have sensitive skin or other issues because certain brands will be more likely to irritate your skin than others.
- The last tip is to be prepared for the side effects of self-tanning!
- You may get orange palms, streaks and other issues that need to be corrected with a mitt or gloves before applying anything else on top of it.
- This can help you maintain an even tan instead of having to deal with having orange palms or streaks all over your skin.
Thank you for reading! Please visit our site again to read more blog posts about tanners, tanning lotion, and other products that are great for getting a nice golden bronze color without damaging your skin in the process!