A lot of people use self tanners to give themselves a healthy, natural-looking tan.
Unfortunately, not everyone has the same type of skin tone and sometimes these products can lead to streaks or uneven areas on the skin.
This blog post will discuss how to even out a fake tan and fix self tanners streaks (nasty orange streaks)!
This article will teach you how to even out your fake tan and fix any self-tanner streaking problems.
How to Apply Self Tanner Evenly (How to Even Out a Fake Tan And Fix Self Tanner Streaks)
You’ll be wishing you had a sun-kissed bronze glow after reading this article.
Tan lines and streaks can ruin any look, so make sure to invest in some good self tanner from the right products for your skin type!
These tips on how to maintain your new spray tan will make sure that you have a flawless appearance for any event. There are so many ways to take care of your spray tan. Here we’ll highlight a few favorites:
Lemon and Baking Soda
A great way to exfoliate your skin for a fresh looking tan is lemon and baking soda. This scrub will even out any dry patches on the skin, while deep cleaning it at the same time!
You can also use this mixture as an effective body wash in between spray tans. Just mix together some lemon juice with baking soda in the shower, and scrub in circular motions over your body.
Then rinse with warm water; you’ll be left with smooth skin!
Exfoliation is a must when it comes to maintaining your tan. This is the best way to ensure that you have even, natural-looking results for as long as possible.
Another important part of how to maintain a spray tan is exfoliation .
It’s incredibly important because it helps prevent any damage caused by dried out skin cells and sun exposure – which can lead to dry patches and uneven tan lines. Exfoliation is also a great way of removing any dead skin cells, which can result in clogged pores that cause breakouts on the face or body.
A gentle exfoliant should be used for optimal results. Avoid any harsh, rough scrubbing on the face or body that will irritate your skin and cause damage. Here is a list of some great scrubs to try:
Use a DIY Spray Tan Eraser
If you really want to know how to fix a spray tan, try using an eraser.
This product is the perfect way of removing any streaks or patches on your skin that may have resulted from self-tanning – whether it’s due to carelessness, overdoing it with the application process, or just natural human error!
The spray tan eraser is a powerful tool that can remove any mistakes you’ve made with your spray tan. All that’s required for this product to work effectively is an erasing mitt and some water!
Ways to Even Out Tan Lines
If you want to know how to even out a tan fast, these are some of our favorites:
Sunless Tan Remover
Achieve a flawless, even tan without any harmful UV rays using this product. This spray is formulated with vitamin E and aloe vera, which means that it won’t cause any damage to your skin.
This product will help you even out tan lines in no time! It was especially created for those people who don’t want the hassle of going to a salon or spa so they can get rid of their annoying tan lines and streaks.
Hair Removal Cream
Call it old school, but this trick actually works well! It’s not that popular these days, as more and more people are opting for the ease of buying a spray tan at their local salon or spa.
However, it can be very useful if you’re on holiday and don’t have access to any other products – especially if they’re located far away from where your vacation takes place!
Hair removal cream is a great way of removing tan lines and streaks.
Apply it to your skin directly, or use an old makeup brush for better results. Be sure to wear gloves while applying this product; otherwise you’ll end up with orange hands (and possibly other parts of the body). Wash off any excess cream with lukewarm water.
Self Tanner Fixer
Fixing a spray tan is as easy as buying this one amazing product. It’s important to be very careful when applying self-tanner, especially if it’s your first time using the application process – but mistakes do happen!
This product will help you fix any streaks or patches on your skin that may have resulted from self-tanning. It’s perfect for those people who are looking to even out their tan without having to go through the hassle of visiting a salon or spa.
Applying a Self Tanner Without Streaks
The best way to avoid the dreaded streaky tan is by careful application. Even if you are using the best spray tan there is, it’s possible to mess up.
That is why you should follow these easy steps from the experts:
- Use appropriate clothing – Make sure you are wearing clothes that won’t be stained by fake tan.
- Stay dry – Do not sweat or get wet, as this can lead to streaking.
- Shower Smart – Wash yourself thoroughly before you go to bed, as this will allow the self-tanner to set properly.
- Don’t rub any cloth when drying yourself – This can also cause streaking.
- Moisturize – Make sure to moisturize your skin after you shower.
- Avoid Swimming – This can be tricky, but it’s best to wait at least 24 hours before swimming after self-tanning.
- Avoid harsh chemicals – Shampoo and condition your hair using mild products.
- Keep your hands off your skin – If you want to avoid any streaks on your skin, keep your hands off it! Self-tanner can cause discoloration if they are used excessively or inappropriately.
What Causes Fake Tan and Self Tanner Streaks
As we mentioned, it’s easy to mess up when using self-tanning lotions and sprays. But what causes those annoying streaks?
We understand that you might experience some problems if this is your first time applying a tan – but even the most experienced users can get mad when they see streaks on their skin.
Here are some of the most common reasons why self-tanner and fake tan can cause streaking:
- Inappropriate application – If you don’t know how to apply a tan properly, you will end up with uneven results.
- That is why it’s very important for you to learn all the tips and tricks from the experts.
- Incorrect color choice – Using a tanning lotion or spray that has too much of one tone can lead to streaking, while choosing a shade that’s either too light or dark will also cause undesirable results.
- Improper preparation – If you don’t prepare your skin before applying self-tanner, this can cause streaking. Make sure you exfoliate your skin before applying a fake tan, as well as moisturize it afterwards.
- Harsh weather – If the sun is too harsh during summertime, self-tanners will not set properly on your skin – leading to possible streaks or patches.
- Wrong application method – There are many ways in which you can apply self-tanner, but some of them are better than others.
- It’s best to use a mitt when applying tanning products and special paper towels for cleaning up your hands afterwards.
You should also avoid these common mistakes that people make while using fake or self-tanners:
- Wearing tight clothes – If you are wearing any type of clothing that is too tight on your skin, it can cause streaking.
- Excessive rubbing or touching – We all love to touch our freshly tanned bodies, but this could lead to discoloration or streaking. It’s best for you to keep your hands away from the areas where you applied self-tanner.
- Not moisturizing – If you don’t moisturize your skin after applying a tan, it can cause uneven results and streaks on the surface of your skin.
- It is also important for you to wait at least 12 hours before using any type of body lotion or oil – as they will interfere with the self-tanner.
- Exfoliating too often – It’s important for you to exfoliate your skin before applying self-tanner, but doing it multiple times in a short period of time can cause streaking.
- You should limit yourself to only one course of action per week if possible.
- Rinsing off the tan incorrectly – When you are rinsing off the product, make sure to avoid harsh rubbing on your skin.
- You can use a washcloth or sponge for this purpose instead of your hands.
Now that you know some of the tips and tricks in fixing streaks of your fake tan, make sure to avoid making these mistakes when you are using self-tanner.
You should also keep in mind that some products are better than others when it comes to avoiding streaking.
When you do your research, you will be able to find the best self-tanner for skin type and tone without any problems!