It’s the time of year when your feet are exposed to the elements more than ever. And while you may be focused on other parts of your body, like applying sunscreen and wearing flip-flops, remember that it is also important to take care of your feet.
If you want a healthy tan all over your body this summer, then paying attention to what color self-tanner you’re using on your toes is extremely important! In this blog post we’re going to look at some of the best self-tanners for your feet and explore why they work so well.
Why Tan Your Feet?
If you’re not a fan of the pale look on your feet, then it’s time to buy some self-tanner for your feet. You may be wondering why bother with them at all when there is so much else going on this summer – but think about how nice and smooth they will feel once soaked in the sun’s warmth. There are also health benefits of tanning your feet, which is always a good reason to put some effort into it!
Importance of tanning
As you’re probably aware, if you want an overall healthy glow then your skin needs time out in the sun every now and again. This may be hard to achieve for those who spend all day on their feet and don’t often get the opportunity to sit down, relax and soak up some rays. This is where self-tanning your feet comes into play – they will be able to enjoy a bit of sun exposure without you needing to worry about tan lines or burning!
Benefits of tanning
You may still be wondering what the benefits of tanning your feet are. And, to be honest, they may not at first seem very obvious when you compare them to other areas of the body. But there is actually a lot in it for you! For instance:
• Your skin will feel smoother and less cracked
• You won’t have any more ingrown hairs or dry skin
• You won’t need to take as many breaks from wearing your favorite shoes and you can wear them all year round without looking out of place in the wintertime!
Drawbacks of tanning
Of course, there are some drawbacks when it comes to tanning your feet. For one thing, they’re not exactly easy to reach with a self-tanner, which is why you should start this process by soaking your feet in a warm bath. This will help to soften up the skin and make it easier for the self-tanner to absorb into your flesh – getting a smoother result overall!
What should I need to know?
Before you get started with applying any tanning product to your feet, it’s important that you read the instructions carefully. This is because they tend to be more sensitive than other parts of the body (think about how often people expose their feet to water and chemicals) so extra care needs to be taken. For example:
• You may need a barrier cream applied before using any self-tanners
• You may need to avoid certain areas (like between your toes) if they are particularly sensitive or prone to infections
Getting the best results for you involves knowing what’s right and taking care of yourself. It doesn’t take long but it does require some effort, so don’t forget that part! If you’re interested in looking into this further, then you should check out our top three picks for best self-tanners here.
Best Self-Tanners for Your Feet
Here are some best self-tanners:
1. Australian Gold Continuous Spray Sunscreen with Instant Bronzer
2. St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse in Dark Tone
3. Neutrogena Micromist Airbrush Sunless Tanning Spray
4. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Self-Tanning Towelettes
5. Fake Bake Flawless Self-Tanning Liquid & Professional Mitt
6. Miami Gorgeous LaPlaya Clear Self-Tanner
7. Rosé Sunless Self-Tanning Moussé
8. Mystic Tan Sunless Self-Tanning Airbrush Spray
9. SunLab Self-Tanning Lotion
10. Ethique Eco-Friendly Gradual Tanning Bar
The Proper application
After you’ve got your self-tanning product of choice, it’s time to work on the application. Although this may seem like a pretty simple process (and it can be) there are still some things that could affect how well the tan goes on and stays in place.
• You should always wash your feet first
• You should always dry them thoroughly
This is because these two steps are essential for making sure that the self-tanner absorbs into your skin properly, which will in turn give you a better result. A good tip here would be to use an exfoliating scrub on your feet before applying any tanning product – this way dead cells won’t be brought to the surface when you apply your self-tanner, which could cause it to flake off.
Types of Self Tanning Products for Feet
There are different types of products for each type of feet tanning method: gradual and instant. The best way would depend on what kind or brand you prefer using. If your newest product is the gradual type, you can start with something else.
Here are some methods:
- Gradual Tanning Mousse for Feet
This product works by gradually building up color over a few hours while also hydrating and moisturizing your skin, so it’s perfect if you want to avoid any clashing or unevenness in color.
- Gradual Tanning Lotion for Feet
This type of product is similar to the mousse but it’s in lotion form, meaning that it gets absorbed into your skin more quickly and evenly (and won’t leave any streaks). This means you can get dressed sooner afterward!
- Instant Tanning Spray for Feet
This type of product provides even coverage in seconds, so it’s perfect if you’re looking for something that isn’t going to take too long. It also reduces the risk of streaking or smudging, meaning your feet will look perfectly tanned immediately!
- Tanning Towelettes for Feet
These are designed to be used on your feet and ankles only, so they’re perfect for getting rid of pesky hard-to-reach areas. They work by coating the skin in a deep tan color that will gradually fade over time – this means you don’t have to worry about any smudging or transfer onto other surfaces!
- Self Tanning Mousse for Feet
This type of product is perfect if you’re looking to add some color and hydration at the same time, as it will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth when dry. It’s also known for being long-lasting, so once applied it won’t start flaking or fading until a few days later!
- Self Tanning Lotion for Feet
This type of product is a versatile one, as it can be used on all areas of your body. It works by sinking into the skin to give you deep and even color that will gradually fade over time – however, this gradual fading means there’s also less risk of streaking or patchiness!
Tips for Applying Self Tanner on Feet
One of the best tips here would be to use a mitt, as this will ensure that your hands aren’t stained by any excess tanning product. This is especially important if you’re using dark products! You can even invest in an exfoliating scrub like this one that will be gentle on your feet and perfect for getting rid of any dry patches.
Wear dark socks over the next few days to help with avoiding staining, then once you’re ready it’s time to show off those newly tanned feet!
Top five tips for avoiding streaks when applying a spray tan
- Apply at night before going to bed so you will not have any stains on your sheets. Make sure that it has completely dried up before you go to bed. You can actually use an old towel or any dark cloths since it might get on your clothes and sheets. Also, make sure that the area where you are applying is well ventilated so there will be no fumes which can cause skin irritation for some people especially those with sensitive skin conditions like asthma.
- Using moisturizers before applying the self-tanner will help in locking the moisture on your skin so it can stay smooth after you have applied. It is best to use unscented products because of the chemicals which are present in scented lotions and creams plus there’s a possibility that they might react with some components or ingredients of the self-tanner. This prevents you from having a streaked appearance and even results to the same color of your skin tone when it has been exposed under the sun for hours or days.
- Apply some baby oil on areas where there are calluses, corns, hardened skin and dry spots in order for them not to be visible after applying the self-tanner.
- Make sure that you exfoliate your skin before applying some lotions or cream on them in order for it to show up evenly and stay longer after several hours.
- It is best if you purchase mitts which are used by experts when tanning so they will be able to prevent any discoloration of the skin.
So, if you’re looking to add some color and hydration to your feet then the best self-tanners would be ones that will leave them feeling smooth when dry. It’s also important to make sure they don’t transfer onto other surfaces, so using a mitt is vital!