Should you get a spray tan for your wedding? It’s an age-old question that has yet to be answered.
Some people think it looks natural and gives them the perfect glow, while others think it is tacky and should only be used as a last resort! But what do you really think?
If you’re looking for a way to feel more confident in your skin before that special wedding event, spray tanning is the answer.
You can get your perfect shade of bronze without worrying about streaks or orange fingers.
But if you are looking for a natural glow, it might not be the right choice. Most of our brides get both types to make sure they look their best on their big day!
Tips for Getting a Spray Tan for Your Wedding
If you want to look and feel your best on the most important day of all, these tips will help. Spray tans are not just for summertime! You can get one anytime you want it.
However, if you are looking for the best results possible, here’s what to do:
1. Work With a Spray Tan Artist
Not just any self tanner will do. You need to work with someone who specializes in spray tans so you can get the best results possible.
If you don’t know where to start, check out our website for more info! We have all types of brides and we are always looking for new talent near your location. Just fill out an application and we’ll be in touch if you’re a good fit.
A spray tan artist can help you decide what color would look best on your skin tone, and give you an even application.
You should also ask about any other services they offer, including makeup!
If it’s good enough for celebrities to have their makeup done before walking down the red carpet, then why not at home? Ask them if they provide this service too.
If you want to look your best on the big day, make sure you work with a spray tan artist who knows what they’re doing.
Most importantly, don’t forget that there’s no such thing as “one size fits all.”
You might like one color better than another and it could be totally different from your bridesmaids. Find the right color for you and make your big day spectacular!
2. Get a Trial Spray Tan Ahead
A trial run with your spray tan artist before your wedding is a great idea.
Not only will you feel more confident about the company you choose, but they can give you tips on how to maintain the color too.
You can also get a custom blend created before the big day and make sure it’s exactly what you want.
While it might seem like an unnecessary step, this is one of the most important things to do if you are looking for your best results!
Don’t be shy about asking questions so they know what look you’re going for.
Do your research and you’ll get the best results possible. From spray tan artists to bridal makeup, this is what it takes to look perfect on that special day!
3. Prepare Your Skin
The preparation for your wedding spray tan starts long before you even get into the session.
These are some great tips that will help get rid of any dry patches on your skin so that it’s nice and smooth as you start with the session.
- Make sure to do your waxing, nails and hair done first so there’s no orange on your skin.
- This will also help you avoid any unwanted streaks or lines that could ruin the look of your spray tan too!
- Just four hours before the spray tanning session starts, make sure to take your shower. This might be the only time you do this during your wedding prep so make sure to get it done.
- Make sure you exfoliate with an oil-free product beforehand too so that dead skin cells are removed from the surface of your skin.
- Do not wear make-up nor apply lotions before you go for your session. This could cause the spray tan to not take evenly so it’s best to avoid this.
- Only use dark and loose clothes for your spray tan session too. Avoid tight-fitting clothes, white clothing and anything with metallic in it.
- Once you’re done with the application part of the process, make sure to wear dark pants that are looser around the ankles or shorts instead for about six hours after that.
It might seem like a lot of work but if you want your skin ready for that perfect color, then you have to put in some time and effort before getting into that session!
Make Sure to Get Tanned At Least 2 Days Before the Big Day
You don’t want to do things all at once during the wedding day. You have to prepare yourself and your skin days beforehand.
The idea of getting tanned 2 days before is to make sure your skin suits the shade and to give time for the tanning product to develop onto your skin. This way, you’ll have time to make any necessary adjustments.
Make sure that the day before your wedding is all about relaxing and taking it easy so you can be ready for the big event!
Your skin should look flawless by now too after following these tips and advice from a spray tan artist.
More Spray Tanning Advice Before Your Wedding Day
On top of this, we’ve included some advice from bridal makeup artists on how to make your skin look its best for the big day too.
These are some great tips that will help you feel extra special and ready for all of those wedding photos!
- While sunless tanning with spray tanners is a safe way to achieve an even glow without having to go under the sun, it’s not always 100% accurate.
- This means that it’s best to do your research and find a spray tan artist who has experience in this area of expertise so they can give you the results you want for your special day!
- It might seem like a lot of work but if you want gorgeous skin, then all these steps are necessary to get into that perfect color.
- Do your research and you’ll get the results that will make you look like a million bucks!
- Rinse off after six hours with warm water – getting into another shower or bath is not recommended at this point as it could affect how even the color appears for your big day, making streaks more visible than ever before.
Take Care of Your Tan Before the Big Day
Once you are ready with your spray tan, it’s advisable that you take care of it, so that you don’t get into reasons that make it fade before the wedding day.
Thus, you have to:
1. Avoid Moisture – Water is the number one reason why your spray tan will fade.
Thus, you have to avoid sweating at all costs – whether it’s by working out or doing other activities that make you sweat because when mixed with water, this could ruin your entire look in no time .
2. Avoid Exfoliants – It’s best to avoid exfoliants at least two days after your spray tan is applied because they might rub off the color.
3. Moisturize – Just use an oil-free product to moisturize your skin after you shower to prevent it from getting dried out.
4. Avoid Rubbing Offs – When you are taking a shower, make sure to avoid rubbing your skin too much because this could cause the color of your spray tan to fade.
This also comes with avoiding skin to skin contact with your partner as much as possible – not only does this make your skin dry but it could also rub off the color.
So now that you know how important and helpful can spray tan be for your wedding day, it’s time to look for a professional spray tan artist who can give you the best results!
The day before your wedding is all about relaxing and taking it easy so you can be ready for the big event! Your skin should look flawless by now too after following these self tanning tips and advice from a spray tan artist.