If you are looking for a way to get that sun-kissed look without having to lay out in the sun, then spray tans could be your solution. But before you decide to go ahead and book one, it is important to know what exactly goes into these treatments.
Are Spray Tans Safe? Sunless tanning is a safe and effective alternative to sunbathing, but there are so many options you can find out there. Let’s understand what products will best maintain your skin’s health!
Are Spray Tans Safe?
What is a Spray Tan?
A spray tan is a cosmetic treatment that dyes the skin to give it an instant tanned look. The product is applied with a spray brush, usually formulated from DHA (dihydroxyacetone), which reacts with dead cells on the surface of your skin and stains them. The active ingredient is FDA approved and considered safe.
How Does a Spray Tan Work?
There are several different types of spray tans, but the most effective have DHA in them. This carbohydrate which is derived from glycerin or from other plant sources like sugar cane helps produce a darker color on your skin without having to use harmful chemicals like hydroxide ions that can damage cells over time
The best way for people who want an even more intense appearance is by using products with dihydroxyacetone (DHA) and Erythrulose. These ingredients help tan your skin and give you a darker look than using products without any DHA in them.
It is best to avoid spray tans if:
- Your skin has sensitive or very dry patches, as this may cause irritation on the treated areas that could result in scabbing
- You are around small children or pets, since the DHA ingredient could cause skin irritation on them
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
What Can I Expect During my First Spray Tan?
- A spray tan will last anywhere from a couple of days to up to two weeks.
- It depends solely on your skin type and how often you shower during that time period.
- The color you obtain will be slightly darker than what it looks like when applying the product, so if this is your first time going for a spray tan, expect to have a nice bronze glow.
How Long Does a Spray Tan Last?
Spray tan is known to last for at least 10 days.
This is why it’s very important to use a moisturizer if you’re going to be wearing your swimsuit or dress right after the treatment. This will prevent your skin from peeling off and leaving behind stained patches of dead cells that could cause an uneven look on your tanned body.
People who want their tan to last longer should consider using a gradual tanning lotion that will add color to their skin over time.
Benefits of Spray Tans
You’ll be able to hide all your flaws and create that perfect, natural-looking glow with just one quick application. Spray tans come in different formulas for every skin tone so you can get exactly what’s right for yourself!
The benefits include:
- The most obvious benefit to this treatment is that you don’t have to lay out in the sun or use tanning beds for hours just to achieve a tanned look. You’ll also be avoiding the harmful UV rays that can lead to skin cancer.
- Spray tans are popular among people who want an instant tan for special occasions like weddings or cocktail parties without having to go through a long and tedious process of sunbathing just to get darker faster. Some celebrities even use this treatment when they need a quick fix before they go on television.
- For people who love the sun but don’t want to put their skin at risk for developing problems like wrinkles, spray tans are a good alternative that will give you that instant glow without having to damage your body with ultraviolet rays.
- Customizable formulas are available for every skin tone so that you can get the perfect color for yourself.
- It’s quick and simple to use, and you don’t have to worry about smelling bad or feeling sticky the whole time!
- It gives you a flawless, smooth and even tan that will last for days.
- Spray tans are also known to produce less odor than other types of tanning methods, including traditional sunbathing or using a self-tanning lotion. This is because there isn’t any streaking involved in the process that could cause your skin to look bumpy and uneven due to application mistakes.
- Spray tan has long lasting results and is good for your skin.
- The last benefit is it can be used by both men and women of different ages.
Comparing Spray Tan with Other Tanning Alternatives
There are various ways to get a nice tan. One option is going outside and being sunburned, but it can also be done through indoor artificial means such as spray tans which have many health benefits associated with them. Let’s look into some alternatives then.
Spray Tan versus Tanning Beds
It has been shown that tanning beds may offer some benefits vs. sunless tanners, including producing vitamin D which helps with bone strength and reducing depression and improves bone strength.
- Spray tanning has no harmful UV exposure and is a much safer option than tanning beds.
- It has been shown that indoor tanners can also help prevent skin cancer and wrinkles, along with other benefits like making your skin look better and feel soft.
- Spray tanning has been shown to be a much safer option than indoor tanners which expose you to harmful UV rays that can lead to cancer and wrinkles.
- Tanning beds tend to be more costly than spray tans. It can be a more costly option to invest in a tanning bed as opposed to investing in spray tans which are much cheaper and have other health benefits.
Spray Tan versus Sun Tanning
The spray tanning process is much safer than laying out in the sun, with its UV rays that can damage your skin cells and even burn you. So what’s there to know more?
- It also has little risk for cancerous cell growth because it’s only under normal conditions when there isn’t excessive exposure to them.
- On the other hand, sun tanning is usually accompanied with skin peeling and damage that may not be worth it. This treatment has also been linked to an increased risk of developing melanoma in some people who are genetically predisposed to getting this form of cancer. It’s certainly a risky gamble for most people today which is why spray tanning is a safer choice.
- If you’re looking for a way to get that sun-kissed tan without exposing yourself too much, then customized tanning solutions are perfect! With custom color matching service and affordable prices out there, you’ll get the best value for your money and never have to worry about looking orange or streaky.
- What’s great about this treatment is that it has no harmful UV rays, only natural ingredients like dihydroxyacetone (DHA) which reacts with dead cells in the outermost layer of skin to give you a darker color.
Generally then, spray tanning is a safer alternative to sunbathing and it’s also a great choice for people who want an instant color without going through the tedious process of being exposed to UV rays.
It has been shown that this treatment does not have any harmful effects on your skin, giving you healthy benefits like making it look better, feel softer and prevent conditions like cancer.