If you are thinking about getting a spray tan, but are not sure what to wear during and after a spray tan, then this blog post is for you.
We will discuss how to dress before your tanning appointment to ensure that there are no spray tan stains on your clothing afterwards.
After your spray tan has been applied, we will also discuss how to dress so that it does not rub off onto other clothes or materials.
It’s important to know what type of material may cause staining so you can avoid it.
What to Wear During & After a Spray Tan
Making the most of your next spray tan appointment starts with comfort.
You need to feel at ease before and after, so go ahead and plan for some comfortable clothing that will make you happy during this time!
Here are a few suggestions you may consider:
1. There are people who prefer to go nude or just wear some underwear, but if you are not in a comfortable place with that then just wear some underwear.
Talk to your technician about what they normally have their clients do, and plan accordingly!
2. We suggest wearing loose-fitting clothing before the spray tanning process starts.
This means no tight jeans or anything else that might get on your nerves when it comes time for your tanning session.
3. The most important things are dark materials, because the color may rub off onto other garments. So using dark or black will be best.
4. We also recommend avoiding clothing with flannel or anything fuzzy (like socks). These types of fabrics can get stained by the spray tanning solution.
5. If you are heading somewhere that requires formal attire, then just plan for an outfit change once your tan has been rinsed off.
6. We recommend wearing dark clothing as well as any garments made of cotton or polyester.
This is because both of these materials are resistant to rubbing off color, unlike the other types that may cause staining after your spray tan has been applied!
7. It is best to wear loose-fitting clothing after you have your spray tan applied.
This will prevent any product from rubbing off on other garments or surfaces, which can cause an unsightly mess that is difficult to clean up!
After the spray tan process is done and all remnants have been washed from your skin, it’s time to get dressed again!
After your spray tan has been applied, you will need to shower and get it rinsed off. You can do this in the comfort of your own home if you prefer!
Make sure that all product is washed from your skin before getting dressed again, because otherwise there might be a chance that the color rubs onto your clothes.
Now you know what type of clothes to wear during and after a spray tanning session. Go ahead!
Have fun with friends at an event or just relax in your own home while your skin takes on a new look!
How to Prepare for a Spray Tan
Aside from knowing about what to wear before and during a spray tan, there are things you must also learn about preparing yourself, or your skin specifically.
1. Exfoliate – You may want to exfoliate before your spray tan appointment, or even the day of (be sure not to do it too often).
Exfoliating will get rid of dead skin cells and reveal smoother looking skin!
2. Take a shower ahead – Taking a shower before your appointment is great because it will ensure that there isn’t any lotion or deodorant on the surface of your skin.
3. Avoid moisturizers – Moisturizers can interfere with the spray tanning process and keep it from looking as even.
4. Waxing – Avoid waxing for a few days before your appointment so the product doesn’t get into your skin more than it has to.
5. Massage – If you want a deeper spray tan, ask your technician if they can apply some self-tanning cream after the session.
This is especially important for those who have dry skin and need that extra moisture!
6. Book for an appointment ahead – If you want to make sure that there is availability for you, then it’s best to book ahead.
More Essential Information Relating to Wear During & After a Spray Tan
You must be prepared before you go for your spray tan appointment. Here are 4 things you must not forget about.
1. Choose your shoes – The shoes that you wear after your appointment are just as important as the ones during.
Make sure that there is no rubbing on your skin or any other fabrics, because it could stain! To avoid smudge, use shoes that are loose-fitting.
2. Don’t wear any jewelry – If you go in with any jewelry on, there is a good chance that it will stain your skin or be impossible to remove.
For this reason, we recommend avoiding all necklaces and rings before getting sprayed!
3. Use loose clothing – Clothing that is loose-fitting will be much easier to remove and won’t rub onto your skin in the process.
You don’t need to wear a bra, but if you do make sure that it is not tight-fitting.
4. Wear dark clothing – Wear dark clothes after your tanning session because they are less likely to get stained.
If you wear light-colored garments, there is a chance that the spray tan color will rub off onto them and make it look uneven.
Best Aftercare Practices for After Getting Spray Tanned
After you’ve received your spray tan, here are some best practices to keep in mind for aftercare.
1. Stay away from moisture – If you sweat, make sure the moisture doesn’t reach your skin.
If it does, wipe off as much as possible before re-tanning.
2. Do not exfoliate – If you have dry skin, it’s best to avoid exfoliating for a few days or even up to two weeks after your tan.
This is so the color doesn’t get rubbed off and fade away!
3. Use oil-free moisturizer – If you have a lot of dry skin, use an oil-free moisturizer so it doesn’t interfere with the color.
You can do this daily.
4. Avoid skin to skin contact – If you are with someone, make sure that any skin to skin contact is done carefully.
For sure they would understand if you are prepping for a very important event or occasion.
5. Avoid hard chemicals – If you touch your skin with anything hard, like a towel or paper product, it can easily cause color to come off. Be sure not to scrub at all!
6. Do not take a shower right away – If you take a shower immediately after your spray tan, the color can come off and make it look uneven.
For best results, wait at least 12 hours before taking one.
In the end, it is important to remember that a spray tan should be relaxing and enjoyable, thus wearing loose and comfortable clothing is the best way to go.
The best way to do this is by taking care of your skin before you get sprayed because if not done properly, there could be long term damage.
If you’re looking for more information on what to wear during and after a spray tan or how to take good care of yourself after a spray tan, don’t hesitate to visit our website on a daily basis. We hope to be of help to you!